August 8th: Leave for Italy (from NYC area you will arrive the next day)
August 9th: Arrival / Transfer / Workshop #1
- Morning: Arrival at Milano airport. Pickup at 10:30 (transfer to Bedonia) stay at Villa Tre Angeli in Bedonia
- Afternoon: Settle in to room, relax. Workshop #1 3:00-6:00
- Evening: 7:30 Dinner in town
August 10th Workshop #2 Local Summer Sampler of foods at Historic Restaurant
- Morning/Afternoon: 10:00-1:00 La Pergola (Lunch)
- Workshop #2
- Evening: Dinner in town
August 11th: Luca, Italy Medieval City Tour famous for its intact Renaissance-era city walls.
- Morning/Afternoon: Tour medieval city of Luca (lunch on own)
- Evening: Dinner and informal discussion of writing
August 12th: Planetarium, Antiquities Library, Seminary
- Morning: Tour Seminary, chapel, antiquities library and planetarium
- Afternoon: Lunch served in the gardens – Workshop #3
- Evening: Free evening to explore Bedonia and write
August 13th: Carrara Mountain Tour & Italian Riviera Writing
- Morning: Tour Carrara Mountain (same marble as Michelangelo’s David)
- Afternoon: Lunch at Mountain Side Retreat – Colonata tasting
- Early Afternoon /Evening: Italian Riviera beach relaxing, swim, walk or shop
August 14th: Compiano Castle – medieval walled town in Parmesan Apennines
- Morning: Tour of medieval castle (600 A.D.)
- Afternoon: Lunch at Castle – Workshop #4
- Evening: Dinner
August 15th: Explore Bedonia – Free Local Day & Final Workshop
- Morning: Free day to explore area. E-bike rentals or hiking can be added.
- Afternoon: Workshop #5
- Evening: Live like a local. Experience the Feast of the Assumption in downtown Bedonia Festival in town, dancing, shopping and eating!
August 16th: Parmesan Cheese Making Tour & Mountain Top Lunch with local Dancing & Music
- Morning: Parmesan Tour, Lunch at Refugio (mountain top retreat with music)
- Afternoon: 4:00 departure for Milan on tour bus
- Evening: Dinner and overnight stay at Milano B&B.
August 17th Flight home
*second week can be added for How to Promote Your Work: Marking Tools for Authors. Workshops tailored to attendees.